Why are bots blocking listings?
Which words should I avoid?
Since the largest cause of being banned for pesticides is just using the wrong words, we have compiled a list here of words likely to cause issues for your listings. This list is not comprehensive, but includes words from our experience that can trigger a pesticide alert. (Updated 8-30-21)
- Microbe or Microbial
- BPA Free
- Bacteria or Bacterial
- Fungus or Fungal
- Any specific insect name, such as Tick, Fly, Wasp, Bee, Roach, Mosquito, Beetle, Grasshopper
- Kills viruses
- Make any claim to repel, destroy, kill, or prevent
- Use the words sanitizes or disinfects
- Indirectly imply an action against pests
- Draw a comparison against pesticides
- Picture a “pest” on the label (crazy, but yes)
How do I get my Product relisted?
Seller Central Workarounds
You don’t need to include any other information until we get to the compliance section, but you will need to select “PartialUpdate” in the drop down options under the “Update Delete” column in the “Basic” section.